Sunday, January 18, 2015

curl keeper


A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be one of 10 winners for Curl Keeper Original, and Gel through Birchbox. I was really surprised that I received a full size bottle of each! 

The biggest selling point I get from each bottle is that it is a "water based formula" which means you can use it everyday without product buildup and that it controls all frizz, especially in humidity. I'm not a huge fan of my curly hair and I have yet to find a product that makes my curls look nice... until now. 

Curl Keeper is definitely the first product I have come across that isn't sticky, makes my curls soft and doesn't give me a poof at the back of my head. The one negative is that the bottle states it "re-activates with water" (I think because of the water based formula) but I didn't find that to be true in my case. Maybe someone with different texture or different curls might have better luck with that. Overall, I'm so happy I was able to review these two products together and I will definitely be purchasing them again. 


follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // Feedly // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I have tried the reg CHS and it wasn't that great as I have super thick curls. Did you like the gel better or reg? I'm interested in trying the gel.

    ReplyDelete